Sunday, February 6, 2011

Double Layer Tutu

I know Chelsea is only 7 months old but I have already started to plan her 1st birthday. I booked an appointment with a local photographer for a cake smash photo shoot (I will talk about that in a later post) and for this shoot she will need a tutu (okay so maybe she wont "need" one...but I really want one haha). I started looking up tutu's online and I found a really great website that makes 1st birthday tutu's, onesies, and diaper covers but the whole package costs over $60 (including shipping) and that is kinda crazy!!! Then I had a thought...I'd like to think I can be crafty so I should make it myself.

Well... finding out how to make a tutu online is pretty easy but trying to find out how to make a double layer tutu..not so easy. Double layer tutu's are ones that have one colour on top and another colour underneath (So cute) I had to have one. I'm sure I can figure it out so I went to the fabric store and bought my supplies. It took me a little longer then I thought to make because it was my first time but I made one and it turned out pretty darn good and it only cost me $11. Now I just need to pick out a birthday shirt so I can match the colours and start making Chelsea's 1st birthday cake smash tutu!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Carters has birthday girl shirts! So cute! My mother-in-law bought ours one! Now I just have to get the tutu. I already have the cake ordered and they each have their own smash cake! SO EXCITED!! I found a place that will make a cupcake tutu! Gonna try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super crafty! She's one cute little girl :) I can't wait for the first birthday!

    ReplyDelete