Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to school shopping!

*sings* "It's the most wonderful time of the year" We all know this commercial and I guess all the Back to School commercials once again apply to me but in a different way. In fact its not wonderful at all, its sad! okay maybe not sad but it sure is bittersweet. I can't believe my baby boy is 4 and ready for school!! Time sure does fly by. But with that being said we are super excited for him. I know he is going to LOVE it! We bought his backpack and lunch bag a couple weeks ago and my eyes were tearing up as I watched him walk through the store wearing that backpack and holding his lunch bag like such a big boy!  

Today we took Blake shopping for some new clothes.  When I was a kid I loved going back to school shopping and we had so much fun doing it with Blake. We bought him a jacket, 2 long sleeve shirts, 2 hoody sweaters and 3 pairs of jeans. Everything we have bought so far cost us around $120. All we need now are some indoor shoes. I can't imagine how much it will all cost us when he starts grade school and will actually need school supplies.

I will update again in two weeks when we go and meet his teacher, visit the classroom and find his cubby hole. Then again on September 13, 2011 after I walk my little man to school for the first time with tears in my eyes. We love him SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment