Friday, June 17, 2011

Travelling with two small kids

WOW! It has been a long time since I was on here...oops!! Well we just got back from our very long trip and I thought I would let you all (I so badly want to write y'all but who am I kidding, I can't pull that off LOL) know how it went. We headed 17 hours East to visit my dad and step mom and we were driving since I have a slight (again who am I kidding an EXTREME) fear of flying. The drive was going well until Blake asked "are we there yet" (at this point I was asking myself if it was okay to drug your children to make them sleep...jk of course!) and it had only been about 45mins! And don't let that picture deceive you, it took him 6.5 hours to actually fall asleep lol! Chelsea would sleep for the first few hours then she would be awake the rest of the drive and the only thing that would keep her from crying was holding my hand. Now just picture bending your arm in a weird way to the back seat and around a car seat that is rear facing ....for 5 hours!!! Ouch my arm was killing me! We stopped half way which landed us in Quebec where folks don't like to speak English...great! Our hotel room smelt like BO but at this point it was midnight and we were tired!!

The next morning we got up at 6:30am had some breakfast that the hotel offered and we were off. I REALLY wanted a Tim Horton's coffee but then I quickly remembered that "Oh ya they probably wont speak English" and from my experience last year with McDonald's and a cashier that could not speak or understand English...it's not fun. I drove first because again, I knew Chelsea would sleep the first few hours then need my hand. So we left the hotel at 7:30am and we arrived at 4:00pm (But really it was only 3:00pm "our" time...darn time change) we got changed and we off to my cousins wedding! And that was the quick and dirty version of what it was like travelling with two small kids :) Oh and I left out that we did make gas stops which only took us a quick 40 mins each time haha but I guess we had to let the kids stretch, go to the bathroom and get some food :) But the trip was all worth it!! We had a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment