Sunday, January 30, 2011

How we came to Cloth Diaper

Not a lot of people know this about our family but we are cloth diapering our daughter Chelsea. I first started thinking about the idea of cloth diapering when I was pregnant but when I brought this up to Lee he said no way and I left it at that. I decided to revisit the idea when Chelsea was about 3 month old after watching a large number of videos on YouTube, they made it look so fun and easy. So.. for the second time I brought the idea up to Lee and again without thinking he said no way! After LOTS of convincing he agreed to let me buy one cloth diaper and give that a try.

I put this one cloth diaper on her and quickly realized that I liked it but I was going to need more then one to really get a feel for what it's like. I then looked online and found a private seller of brand new Bum Genius diapers for a great price, I bought 6, now I was ready to give cloth a try! I loved it right away and immediately wanted to buy more. People warned me that cloth diapering was addictive and this was the moment I knew why. Next I ordered a brand new FuzziBunz diaper and a pail liner and only 2 days later (thanks to black Friday sales) I ordered 6 more FuzziBunz diapers. I was very determined not to pay full price for cloth diapers as they are VERY expensive and I was already on the fence about it really saving us money so out of a stash of 21 diapers; 16 were sale prices, 3 were full price, and 2 were free.

To sum things up, It has now been almost 3 months since we started cloth diapering and we love it. Even Lee, who was one hundred percent against it, has since said to me "you were right".

Here are a few of the reasons why we love it:
  1. We will save tons of money
  2. Cloth diapers are as easy to use as disposables
  3. Less waste to landfills
  4. No diaper rash
  5. They come in cute colours/patterns
  6. No leaks!
Feel free to ask me questions!!! More cloth diaper blogs to come!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you blogged. Maybe we should have tried cloth diapers..... but I started it for my oldest and hated it. The must have come along way in 12 years!! Hers leaked alot!

    ReplyDelete